3+1 Dual Degree Program
Bachelor of Science in Biology/Bachelor of Science in Nursing
York University and Creighton University College of Nursing have partnered to offer a dual degree program in Biology and nursing in 4 years. York University and Creighton University offer faith-based education anchored in service to others both locally and globally. The 3+1 program brings together a student’s passion for science with their desire to meaningfully contribute to the healthcare of society. The 3+1 program provides students with an opportunity to get the full York University experience for three years before seamlessly transitioning to Creighton University's Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program on Creighton’s Grand Island, Nebraska campus.
Benefits of the 3+1 Program
- York University offers students the traditional college experience for the first 3 years of their college career as they pursue a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a concentration in health services
- Creighton University College of Nursing’s ABSN Program enrolls students for 12 months. Students enroll in 58 credit hours over three semesters.
- Students have the opportunity to graduate with two degrees in 4 years: a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a concentration in health services and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Creighton University.
- As freshmen, students may be admitted into the ABSN program at Creighton at the same time as admission to York College.
- Criteria for admission for transfer students (or students seeking program admission at some point after admission as a freshman) will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Students in the 3+1 Nursing Program must: