Dorm Life Tips
1. If you forget your ID key and have no way of getting in the dorms, there is a doorbell in front of the building. If there is someone in the lobby or walking along the hallway, they'll come by to let you in.
2. After someone has walked in the front door, you have about 5 seconds before the door locks again.
3. Also, all residency dorms (plus Holthus Field house) have a motion sensor on the door. If someone is inside all they have to do is walk past the door and it will be unlocked for you.
4. The washer and dryer in Thomas Hall all work fine. But there is only one washer with a black inside and it’s the largest one. Use this washer and you only have to do one load instead of two.
5. In the Thomas hall showers, if someone flushes the water will instantly get 10x hotter. So make sure to jump out of the way. After a while you will start to hear the differences in the water. Then you’ll know when the boiling water is coming.
6. Walls are a little thin in the dorms so keep an eye on what you say in your room.
1. You can get your food to-go in the Caf, you just have to ask.
2. The 19 meals are way too much. If you are an athlete, your coach will feed you during season so it might be a better choice to get the 15-meal plan and save some money.
Extra Random Tips
1. If you lose your ID, no big deal. IT CAN BE REPLACED (first time is free)
2. If you don’t want to get a TV, YC's got you covered. There are multiple places on campus that you can connect your phone to and stream Netflix, Hulu, HBO etc. (Residence hall lobbies, Campbell Center, downstairs of Middlebrook)
3. As an incoming freshman you get $5 worth of Panther Points at the SPOT (campus coffee shop) in McGehee that is provided to you from our president.
4. Make sure you become friends with Dennis Leinen and well... just the maintenance crew in general. You might need them to fix your a/c one day.
5. Lastly, if you miss chapel too much you can make up a few credits by going to Wednesday night devotionals and Sunday night communions.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.