The York College Education Department:
- Has received NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) accreditation. This is the highest standard for the preparation of classroom teachers.
- Provides every student with at least 100 hours of classroom experience before student teaching in qualified K-12 schools.
- Places all first-year education majors in schools during their first semester at York College.
- Includes faculty who are active, involved and professional. They take time to know and mentor their students.
- Allows students to individualize endorsements and concentration areas in order to have increased marketability.
- Prepares graduates with the knowledge, skills and disposition needed to be successful Christian educators.
- Provides placement services and advising for Education and Physical Education majors and graduates. The department boasts a very high placement rate for graduates who seek education employment after graduation.