At York College, we believe that your college experience should be the best experience of your life - from first-rate academic programs to unforgettable relationships that you will create the moment you step on campus. At York College, we pride ourselves on the personal attention we are able to give each prospective student! See below for our Easy Admissions Process:
Admissions Process for Veterans
Step 1: Apply For Admission-
Click Here! This link will refer you to the FREE online application available to all incoming students. There is also a PDF copy of our application that can be printed off and submitted along with a $20.00 processing fee.
Step 2: Submit Transcripts/Scores/Documents-
In order to complete your file York College will need to officially receive the following:
- High School Transcripts with Official Graduation Date Posted or GED Transcripts
- ACT/SAT scores (if available, ACT/SAT does not have to be taken for acceptance into York College). If potential student is a student athlete, they must take the ACT/SAT to fulfill NAIA requirements.
- A non-student athlete must take the compass for enrolling in proper course work at York College.
- Transcripts from ALL colleges attended (this includes High School dual credit)
- Submit DD214 -Honorable discharge documents
Step 3: Paperwork needed for Educational Benefits-
- DD214- Honorable discharge documents
- VA-221990- Documents for approval of education benefits
- A copy of the document sent back to the potential student from the VA verifying that the VA-221990 was completed must be in the students file for Admissions, Registrar and Financial Aid.
- FAFSA- a potential student will be encouraged to fill out the FAFSA as they may qualify for federal aid as well as VA educational benefits.
- A major must be declared by the student when filling out documents for educational benefits to be granted.
Before Registrar can submit information for Educational Benefits-
1. Student must apply and be accepted
2. Pre-enrolled in classes and have copy of class schedule
3. Filled out proper documents with VA for Educational benefits
4. Received documents verifying that VA-221990 has been completed.
Note: Educational benefits may take several months to be cleared by the VA to York College so that they can be distributed to the students account.
Contact York College Veteran Liasion
Browse our web site to learn more about York College! Your Admissions Counselor is willing to help you with all of your questions OR schedule a campus visit! Please contact us soon!