York College's Education Unit includes the departments of Education and Physical Education. Program options:
Middle Grades Education*
Vocal Music Education
Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction
The Education Unit offers 20 endorsements in elementary, middle grades, and secondary areas.
YC's Education Unit:
- Has received NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) accreditation. This is the highest standard for the preparation of classroom teachers.
- Provides every student with at least 100 hours of classroom experience before student teaching in qualified K-12 schools.
- Places all first-year Education majors in schools during their first semester at York College.
- Includes faculty who are active, involved and professional. They take time to know and mentor their students.
students to individualize endorsements and concentration areas in order to have increased marketability.
- Prepares graduates with the knowledge, skills and disposition needed to be successful Christian educators.
- Provides placement services and advising for Education and Physical Education majors and graduates.
- In addition to classroom teaching, graduates may pursue advanced degrees in school counseling and administration.
If you have questions about the Education Unit, or would like to schedule a tour of the program, please email Bob DeHart, Interim Chair of the Education Unit and Chair of the Physical Education Department, or call at 402-363-5686.